The Wisconsin Green Industry Federation (WGIF) is the single largest organizational representative of the Green Industry in Wisconsin.
The associations that comprise the Wisconsin Green Industry Federation are the Commercial Flower Growers of Wisconsin (CFGW), Wisconsin Nursery and Landscape Association (WNLA), Wisconsin Sod Producers Association (WSPA), and the Wisconsin Christmas Tree Producers Association (WCTPA).
Serving as a unique "umbrella" to these independent and autonomous associations, the Federation has, for more than a quarter century, been an influential voice in the industry and a focus for numerous ideas and programs of benefit to all its members.
Each association is an independent entity, with their own by-laws, officers, dues structure etc. The Federation makes it possible for all areas of the industry to work together to be able to accommodate a full time executive director and state lobbyist for the Horticulture Industry.
Becoming a beneficiary of the Federation's many services is easy. Merely join one of the member associations and you are automatically enrolled in the Federation and immediately qualify for all its benefits, as well as various services provided by its other member associations.
WGIF Offers Numerous Benefits to the Industry and its Member Associations
- Delivery of Green Side Up, the official publication of WGIF
- Regular monitoring of important horticultural and small business issues that come before the state legislature and governmental agencies. Counsel, support, and financial assistance for advocacy efforts
- Publication of an annual member directory that provides a vast resource of business contacts and other vital information
- Connections with educators and courses designed for members of Wisconsin’s Green industry
- Promotion and participation in local consumer landscape trade shows
- Access to group insurance programs providing health and liability protection, specifically structured for Green industry professionals
- Maintenance of a close working relationship with various state agencies that are directly involved with the horticulture industry
- Direct financial and promotional assistance to member associations for special projects, programs, or events
- Leadership and funding for statewide economic surveys of the industry
- Promotion of greater professionalism within the industry and encouragement of the use of landscape professionals by the public
- Access to discounts on printing services and a comprehensive credit card processing program
- Networking opportunities with your colleagues in the state’s Green industry